Treating patients from Butler and all of Western PA.
At the Dry Eye Center of Western PA, we specialize in treating, diagnosing and relieving dry eye disease. Our optometrists are passionate about treating dry eyes and will explain clearly and thoroughly appropriate treatment options to reduce your symptoms.
What is Dry Eye Disease?
Dry eye disease is a common condition affecting over 30M people in the US. It develops as a result of the tear glands producing poor quality tears of a reduced quantity of tears. Both of these cause damage to the surface of the eye. As a result, you can experience significant tear evaporation and uncomfortable symptoms, contact lens discomfort and even compromised vision.
What Causes Dry Eye Disease
- Computer and cell phone use
- Medications for high blood pressure, anxiety, depression, acne treatment, etc
- Auto-immune diseases such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sjogren’s, Lupus, etc
- Other health conditions such as diabetes and thyroid disease
Symptoms of Dry Eye Disease
- Scratchy, gritty sensation of eyes
- Eye soreness
- Burning sensation
- Sensation of having something in eyes
- Excess tearing
- Occasional blurred vision
- Reduced contact lens comfort
- Redness of the eyes
- Eye fatigue